Asparagus, with smoked trout, champagne sauce and YVC Smoked Salmon Pearls
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 x smoked rainbow trout, skin discarded, deboned and flaked into pieces
- YVC Smoked Salmon Pearls
- 200mls Champagne or sparkling wine
- 50g cream fraiche
- 100g cold diced butter
- Chopped tarragon
- Chopped chives
- Lemon juice to taste
- Cook the asparagus in heavily salted water for 1 minute (less if thin asparagus) – Refresh into iced water until completely chilled. Set aside on paper towel once cooled – You Can reheat these if desired, but this salad is nice with cold cooked asparagus
- For the sauce bring the Champange to the boil and allow to reduce slightly (boil for 2 minutes). Turn the heat down to simmer and slowly whisk in the cold butter, 1 cube at a time until incorporated. Continue to do this until all the butter has formed a thick glossy sauce. Remove from the heat and add the 50g of crème fraiche, whisk to combine. The sauce should be thick enough to coat your spoon, and glossy.
- Test the seasoning, and add salt and plenty of fresh cracked back pepper, finish with lemon juice, chopped herbs, and finally smoked salmon pearls.
- Arrange the asparagus on your serving plate, along with the chunks of hot smoked rainbow trout. Finish by dressing all of the ingredients with plenty of the Champagne butter sauce and Smoked Salmon Pearls