Barbequed John Dory with warm salad of diamond clams, zucchini and Smoked Salmon Pearls
1 whole John Dory (800g fish), filleted
- 200g Cloudy Bay Diamond Shell clams – removed from shells
- 1 x zucchini – cut into small cubes
- 5 x cherry tomatoes, cut into ¼
- YVC Smoked Salmon Pearls
- ½ Dill – picked
- ½ bunch chives – fine chopped
- 200mls vegetable stock
- 2tbl spoon cream fraiche
- Juice and zest of lemon – microplaned
- The fish can either be BBQ’d or cooked in a non stick fry pan. Whichever you’re comfortable and confident in cooking – but the BBQ will give you maximum flavour of this beautiful fish.
- Oil and season the skin side of the fish. Place onto hot cooking surface (pan or grill) and allow the fish to cook for 3 minutes on the skin. This should cook the flesh a majority of the way, the skin should be golden and crisp. Turn the fish over, and quickly tap the flesh side on the heat. Remove from pan/grill and set aside. The fish will continue to gently cook through off the heat. Keep in a warm spot
- For the garnish and sauce, bring vegetable stock to the boil. Add the small cubes of zucchini, and the cut cherry tomatoes. Allow these to cook for 2-3 minutes gently. Add the cream fraiche and stir this into the stock to incorporate. It will become thick enough to coat the spoon and be a lush sauce. Now add the diamond clams, fine chopped chives, lemon juice and zest. Check seasoning, and adjust. Turn off the heat and stir through the YVC Smoked Salmon Pearls.
- Transfer the sauce and garnish onto serving plate, and place the John Dory on top. Garnish with dill, and a splash of EVOO.