Barbequed King Prawns, ponzu, furikake and Bloody Shiraz Gin Caviar
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 6 x Whole jumbo Australian Green King Prawns
- 1 jar ponzu soy dressing – Found in Japanese groser ( A citrus based soy sauce)
- 1 x packet of Furikake – A Japanese seasoning of sesame seeds, seaweed and smoked dried fish.
- Lemon juice
- Bloody Shiraz Gin Caviar
- Split the prawns through middle, from head to tail leaving the shell on, and push them open with your hands.
- Oil and season heavily with the furikake on the flesh side of the prawn.
- Place onto hot bbq or grill pan, and cook on the shell side for 3-4minutes, or until the flesh turn opaque and firms. This is a sign that the prawns are cooked. Don’t be tempted to overcook them, as they become tough and dry.
- Remove from the bbq and dress with ponzu sauce liberally.
- Transfer to serving plate and scatter the Bloody Shiraz Gin Caviar down the prawns.
- The shell will be crunchy and edible. The head is worth attempting at least once!