Open omelette of Smoked Salmon and Truffled Brook Trout Pearls
- 6 eggs – beaten with a fork to incorporate
- 100g sliced smoked salmon – torn or chopped into smaller pieces
- 85g Truffle Brook Trout Pearls
- 50g Yea Brand Cream Fraiche
- Chopped chives / picked dill leaves and parsley
- Pecorino or Comte cheese for grating
- Grilled sourdough toast for serving.
In a non-stick pan, melt 2 tbl spoons of butter. Add the eggs and season with sea salt. Stir the eggs gently to form long ribbons of cooked eggs. Don’t over mix – as the cooked eggs will break up and overcook easily and become watery. Once the eggs are almost set, remove from the heat. Scatter the smoked salmon over the warm cooked eggs. Cover the pan with a lid or cloth to allow the residual heat to finish cooking of the eggs ( 2 minutes approx.) Dollop some cream fraiche over the eggs, along with washed herbs and grated Comte cheese. Finish with adding the Truffle Brook Trout Pearls, a liberal amount of cracked black pepper and a drizzle of good olive oil. Serve with grilled sourdough or crumpets. Enjoy warm as a breakfast or brunch meal.