Rigatoni, spanner crab, chilli, pearls and bottarga
- 100g Rigatoni Pasta – following cooking instructions on the packet
- 80g Raw Spanner Crab meat
- Yarra Valley Caviar Atlantic Salmon Pearls
- ½ red chilli finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 50mls extra virgin olive oil
- 150g fresh tomato passata
- Finely chopped dill and chives
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
Add oil, sliced garlic and chilli to a cold saucepan. Place on stove top on low heat, and slowly cook until it becomes fragrant and softens (5 min) stirring constantly. Add passata and cooked pasta, bring to simmer and stir to combine. It should be evenly coated in sauce. Now add the crab meat and turn off the heat – allowing the residual heat to finish cooking the crab. Season with lemon juice, chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl and finish with fine grating of bottarga all over, Atlantic Salmon Pearls and basil leaves. A final drizzle of olive oil and enjoy hot!
** Crab meat can be substituted for prawns, mussels, clams or even good quality tinned tuna.