Soba noodle salad, Smoked Trout, Ikura Shoyu Zuke Pearls.
Perfect cold salad for warm evenings filled with big flavour, texture and healthy ingredients!
- Buckwheat soba noodles ( cooked following packet instructions)
- 25g Ikura Shoyu Zuke Pearls
- 50g Smoked rainbow Trout meat ( bones removed and flaked)
- ½ small Lebanese or baby cucumber
- 1 red radish – fine sliced
- 2 stalks of spring onion fine sliced
- ¼ bunch enoki mushrooms
- 30g podded Edamame Beans, deshelled
- 1 free-range egg, boiled for 6 min and peeled
- Small amount of herbs to your liking. Coriander, Mint, Dill, Watercress are suitable
- Light soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar for dressing.
- Shredded nori or seaweed for garnish plus toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the buckwheat noodles using the packet instructions. Allow to cool.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the egg and cook for 6 minutes (for soft yolk). Plunge into ice water and peel.
- Flake apart the smoked trout and remove any pinbones. ( good quality tinned fish such as Tuna or Salmon can be used as replacement)
- Fine slice radish, cucumber and pod edamame beans. Pick and wash herbs of your choice.
- To dress the noodles, mix together 30 mls of soy sauce and 30 mls rice vinegar followed by 10 mls of sesame oil. Allow the noodles to absorb and marinate in the dressing before plating.
- To assemble, scatter noodles in bottom of serving bowl. In no particular order, arrange the salad and vegetables around the noodles. Cut the egg and present showing the soft yolk. Finish with a generous amount of Ikura Shoyu Zuke Pearls, shredded seaweed and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds